QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

搜索
楼主: 爱无言
打印 上一主题 下一主题

美国老师怎样让孩子爱英语--by John Holt ---------连载 [复制链接]

21#
发表于 2010-6-10 11:29:17 |只看该作者
The result was surprising. I had expected that the child who had asked for and used a word might remember it, but I did not think many others would. But many of the children still knew many of the words. How had they learned them? I suppose each time I wrote a word on the board a number of children had looked up, relaxed yet curious, just to see what the word looked like, and these images and the sound of my voice saying the word had stuck in their minds until the next day. :rhis, it seems to me, is how children may best learn to write and spell.
What can a parent do if a school, or a teacher, is spoiling the language for a child by teaching it in some tired way? First, try to get them to change, or at least let them know that you are eager for change. Talk to other parents; push some of these ideas in the PTA; talk to the English department at the school; talk to the child's own teacher. Many teachers and schools want to know what the parents want.
If the schooL or teacher cannot be persuaded, then what? Perhaps all you can do is try not to let your child become too bored or discouraged or worried by what is happening in school. Help him meet the school's demands, fool ish though they may seem, and try to provide more interesting alternatives at home-plenty of books and conversation, and a serious and respectful audi ence when a child wants to talk. Nothing that ever happened to me in En glish classes at school was as helpful to me as the long conversations I used to have every summer with my uncle, who made me feel that the difference in our ages was not important and that he was really interested in what I had to say.
At the end of her freshman year in college a girl I know wrote home to her mother, "Hooray! Hooray! Just think-I never have to take English any more!" But this girl had always been an excellent English student, had always loved books, writing, ideas. It seems unnecessary and foolish and wrong that English teachers should so often take what should be the most flexible, excit ing, and creative of all school courses and make it into something that most children can hardly wait to see the last of. Let's hope that we can and soon will begin to do much better.

22#
发表于 2010-6-10 11:29:34 |只看该作者
end!!!

23#
发表于 2010-6-10 11:50:16 |只看该作者
估计很多妈妈一看到这黑麻麻的一片英语就不想看的,我很理解这种感受,因为我也常有。可是这篇John Holt的文字我真的建议大家先不要被这种感受吓着了,可以把这英语copy到word里,自己放大一下字体和大概编辑一下,然后自己安静的看,真的非常简单而且吸引人。每个高中毕业生应该都能看懂的,生词很少,没有复杂的长句子,而且内容对关心教育的妈妈们来说肯定是说到你心底里的。

我一口气看完的,简直觉得是我写的吗,我肚子里的想法完全和作者一样哎!!:lol 这文已经是几十年的了,可以看出美国当时的教育界的现状和老师的反思,感觉和咱们现在的学校存在的问题很象呢!美国的教育现在已经改变了很多,受John Holt的影响是很大的,中国也没准就是这样子的趋势的...

24#
发表于 2010-6-12 16:31:27 |只看该作者
22# 爱无言

辛苦了搬运工!抱抱!
已经学习完毕。受益匪浅。
建议老师们都学习一下John Holt的这几本书。
头像被屏蔽

禁止访问

25#
发表于 2010-6-13 14:27:36 |只看该作者
提示: 作者被禁止或删除 内容自动屏蔽
头像被屏蔽

禁止访问

26#
发表于 2010-6-13 14:30:22 |只看该作者
提示: 作者被禁止或删除 内容自动屏蔽

27#
发表于 2010-6-15 11:52:10 |只看该作者
爱无言妈妈好棒,谢谢分享。我已经copy下来,打印出来看。

28#
发表于 2010-6-27 10:33:00 |只看该作者
谢谢分享!

29#
发表于 2010-7-23 09:47:58 |只看该作者
:F:

30#
发表于 2010-7-24 15:27:49 |只看该作者
辛苦了。:F:
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

Archiver|手机版|幸福大观园 ( ICP12039693 )  

GMT+8, 2024-5-7 18:53 , Processed in 0.025004 second(s), 9 queries .