[英语教育] 成人英语自学探讨——非专业人士的一点感受   [复制链接]

101#
发表于 2016-9-28 19:01:33 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 蓝田日暖 于 2016-9-28 19:06 编辑

随意扯几句语法相关。

语法部分,还是推荐「文法俱乐部」。呃,其实是我懒,没看过其他系统性的语法书了。可实践证明,这本书还是相当不错的。

我对词的词性还是挺关注的,因为这和写作、口头表达关系很大。

在冠词、名词、形容词、副词、动词、感叹词、连词等词中,可以多注意下连词,记住基本的连词,不要在需要有连词的时候忘记连词。

常用连词:and, but, or, so, because, then等。注意区分某些连词和副词,so是连词,而therefore是副词,therefore前面通常要加个and。

有道词典里的灵格斯英英词典挺好的,具体而生动。

冠词、单复数有点叫人头痛,正式词典和日常使用可能会有出入,比如字典上不可数,许多人用成了可数,也不能说后者有问题,因为后者可能已成大众用法。

句子结构,不想看小说、长文、书籍之类的,那可以直接看有道词典的权威例句,加以琢磨。单词用法,可偶尔注意一下这个词是英式英语还是美式,如果英式的话(比如loo),例句可能大多来自BBC。

许多俚语、网络语,用有道词典搜索效果差,直接网页搜索,或者去那几个比较大的英文词典网比如free dictionary,不过一般百度就够了。

102#
发表于 2017-2-24 17:41:39 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 蓝田日暖 于 2017-2-24 17:49 编辑

I was reading the book Persuasion, and highlighting those new words in order to look them up in the dictionaries. Some time later, I felt a bit frustrated, being overwhelmed by the fact that there were so many English words I knew nothing about.

I closed the book, and decided to do other things. As I went back to thinking about it, I recollected some important attitudes I had several years ago, when I began to set aside time to learn English on a daily basis. I was not taking score so much then. In fact, I just spent about 20 minutes every day, getting familiar with some new words,  and let it go soon, not thinking about its immediate results. If frustration or overwhelment hunt me at the time, I might have stopped that kind of learning.

Years later, another new and kinda leading-edge attitude came to me. I began to deliberately celebrate my improvements on English, even it only meant knowing one English word.  One word?! Yes, that's what I was doing. Celebrating very subtle improvements, on my mind, often. What a wonderful attitude! It made the learning process more pleasing, much easier, and also more resultful. Enjoyment on the learning journey; and then satisfying and wonderful continual improvements along the way--this is what I want: I want to reap continual good feelings and intelligence and abilities, on and on and on...

103#
发表于 2017-2-24 20:41:34 |只看该作者
If you felt bad at reading a book, you might have chosen the wrong one.

It's necessary to choose the RIGHT book for your own reading level.  According to the research, a book which has less than 1/3 new words  you didn't know is suitable. So, you just need to change another one!

FYI
新生活

104#
发表于 2017-2-24 22:32:43 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 蓝田日暖 于 2017-2-24 22:36 编辑
敬听 发表于 2017-2-24 20:41
If you felt bad about reading a book, you might have chosen the wrong one.

It's necessary to cho ...

Great advice! Less than 1/3 new words; still a wonderful book to help me improve my writing. Those feelings happened when I wanted to take a quantum leap of knowing every word on the page, so that I could read directly without any checking. They are gone now. I just made up my mind about how to use this book--seeing it as a book that can fulfill many desires of mine, in terms of improving my English. Jane Austen is one of my favorite authors and Persuasion is one of my favorite books. So, a really good learning material for me.

发个表情咋这么难。只好手动鲜花了。

鲜花.jpg

105#
发表于 2017-3-7 03:41:54 |只看该作者
That's awesome! Learning English should be step by step,so take it easy and enjoy it!

点评

蓝田日暖  Yes, yes. Thank you. ^_^  发表于 2017-3-9 11:57:32
新生活

106#
发表于 2017-11-26 18:31:44 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 蓝田日暖 于 2017-11-28 22:27 编辑

可数名词,不可数名词,集合or集体名词(mass nouns or collective nouns)……

阅读的时候,难免会注意到一些“奇怪”的名词,比如money, furniture, evidence。如果按照中文来说,这些不都是可数的嘛,可英文里面就是不可数。如果只是阅读,也就罢了,如果要写作的话,这些点还是搞清楚一点为好。

好吧,那就搞清楚一点吧。先简单查查字典——好嘛,不同的字典就有不同的说法,柯林斯词典把不可数名词和集合名词(mass noun)作了区分,有些词典没作区分(就只有可数和不可数名词)。网上查了mass noun,结果又告诉我,这些不可数名词吧,有时候又是可数的,就是说有些词有时可数,有时不可数,依具体情况而定,比如说food--感兴趣可以查一下staple food, fast foods等词。

我有种越查脑子越乱的感觉,于是我又点进了一个博客。博主说自己是个有强迫症的人,经常会热情地指出母语非英语的人使用英语时犯的一些基本错误,但是遇到别人问他名词的可数与不可数时,他要强迫也强迫不起来了,因为这事很难说清,所以有点底气不足。他举了个例子,比如一些词典中明确定义的不可数名词,如今满世界包括一些权威报纸都在用复数形式,这叫他怎么说?最后,为了省事,他不直接回答这个问题,只是让提问者注意以下几个词的用法,它们是:

evidence, wine, work, equipment, research. 这些是不可数名词,但特别容易被误用成可数名词。

一般来说,遇到不可数名词,尤其是相对具象而非抽象的不可数名词,常用限定词为:a piece of, a lot of, a huge/large amount of(这个就可以无限延伸了,比如a pile of, a box of, a bottle of...), (not) much, little, a little。

a piece of 用的真是太多,一件家具(a piece of furniture),一件首饰(a piece of jewelry),一条信息(a piece of information),一……

想了想,我也决定偷懒,具体规则和更多的细节留待以后琢磨,先特别注意自己容易弄错的不可数名词,主要是上面那几个:furniture, advice, information, evidence, news, food(有时候可数,是指多种), money等。为什么容易弄错呢,那是因为根据实际情况,我们容易想当然地认为这些名词是可数的,但在英文文法里,它们是不可数的。而那些抽象名词(比如焦虑),我们本来就不会认为可数,就不容易弄错,不会在前面加上a/an/one/two/a box of之类的限定词,我们不会说一个焦虑,两个焦虑……但是在不清楚家具的词性前,我们就可能说two furnitures--两件家具。

好像有点烦。

然而,还有得烦,别忘了,还有那些个只能是单数的可数名词(catch a cold),还有那些个只以复数形式存在的名词比如trousers, scissors, pants……

精确是精确了(其实只是相对的),烦也是烦。烦是烦,但该了解还是得了解。

107#
发表于 2017-12-2 10:34:32 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 蓝田日暖 于 2017-12-4 08:54 编辑

这几天对某些语法知识产生了浓厚的兴趣,开始了“新”的学习过程。

保持着对英语的持久兴趣,加上视听层面的专注力,我的记忆力大幅提升。我的学习,包括掌握单词,早就不再是过去的模式。在产生兴趣的时候专注地读、听、写,效果会非常好。不过,因为我的关注点非常多(读文章时,如果本着学习的目的,我会一字不漏地读,同时注意文章的语法,标点使用,以及句子结构),第一遍会比较慢。虽然慢却可以一次性记住许多要点。

最近在yourdictionary上看了三篇对连词的介绍,每篇看了两遍,要点基本掌握了。连词的认识与掌握在英文写作中是极重要的。在写作中很容易犯的错误就是缺乏连词,把两个句子用逗号隔开,直接结合为一个句子,这是错误的句法。

最常见的并列连词(coordinating conjunctions)是and, but, or, so,但还有for, nor, yet. for在写作中可以不用到,直接用because就行。至于yet这个词,还是主副词,作连词用时,和but一样的意思。

英语语法中很注意词性之区分,查字典时可以多关注词性,连词简写是conj. 名词 n. 副词 adv. 形容词 adj. 动词v./vt/vi,介词prep.。意思一样,词性不同,用法就不一样。比如so和therefore都有因此、所以的意思,但so是连词,它可以用在逗号后,连接两个句子,而therefore是副词,需要在前面加上连词and,如果没有连词,这个句子就有了语法错误。

从有道的例句里找例子:

Another big issue: Land is plentiful in the U.S., and therefore landfills are cheap.

Typically, the majority become convinced during the second stage and therefore the psychological background changes.

"The two guys started messing with him, so he beat them up, " his friend said.

至于逗号与连词的使用,一般来说,连词前后是两个可以独立出来的句子,连词前需要加逗号,如果是词和短语的组合,可以不用加。不过越来越多人不作这样的区分,你也不能说不加逗号就是错的。

比如:

I went for shopping, and she visited one of her old friends.

He knows how to play football, basketball and badminton.

She took the garbage out and cleaned the hallway.

成组出现的关联连词(correlative conjunctions),主要是both...and, neither...nor, either...or, not...but, not only...but also, no sooner...than, hardly(/scarcely)...when

I like both reading books and jogging.

He is either in the classroom or at the background.  Either she is lying, or she doesn't know what really happened.  

What she prefers now is not a glass of water but a cup  of hot coffee.

He threw out of the window not only her stuff but also his kids'. Not only does he agree with her, but he also wants to support her idea with some funds.

No sooner did I enter the room, than he called me and asked me to immediatley go back. 一……就 我刚进房间,他就打电话过来,叫我赶快回去。

hardly(/scarcely)...when

Bill Gates was scarcely past puberty when he started Microsoft.

108#
发表于 2017-12-18 17:33:32 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 蓝田日暖 于 2017-12-18 18:03 编辑

我也是个有强迫症的人啊,难度最大的从属连词写了几次,都给我删了,但这种连词还是挺重要的,还是把连词介绍完吧。如果觉得有疑惑,就不要纠结了,可以去百度一下,语言这东西就是这样,总归会有这样那样的摇摆,此贴就是做个介绍,不值得细究,如果要细究,可以去查找更专业的资料。

从属连词(Subordinating conjunctions),结合两个子句或者说句子的两个部分,一个为主句(independent clause or main clause),一个为从句或从属子句(dependent clause)。主句是可以独立出来成为一个有意义的句子,当然这个意义在具体的背景中会有些模糊,所以需要从属子句来说明解释补充。由从属连词(as, if, as long as等)打头的那个句子是副词从属子句,它是服务于主句的,在具体的上下文中单独拉出来没有意义。

从属子句的词性其实是副词性的,主要回答时间(when)、地点(where)、原因(how)、程度(to what extent)、条件(under what conditions)等问题。与定语从句不一样,这个以后再介绍。

那就比较容易了,与时间有关的从属连词是before, after, when, while, as等。与地点有关的就是where, wherever等。原因:because。程度:than, as much as等。条件:if, as long as等。以上只是简单举例。

句子我就不多想了,直接由Yourdictionary来:

after - “Your heart will break like mine, and you’ll want only me after you’ve gone” (Ella Fitzgerald).

although - “Although I’ve been here before, he’s just too hard to ignore” (Amy Winehouse).

as - “As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I take a look at my life and realize there’s nothing left” (Coolio).

as long as - “I don’t care who you are, where you’re from or what you did as long as you love me” (Backstreet Boys).

because - “I’m everything I am because you loved me” (Celine Dion).

before - “Just call me angel of the morning, angel. Just touch my cheek before you leave me, baby” (Juice Newton).

even if - “Even if the sky is falling down, you’ll be my only” (Jay Sean).

if - “If you leave me now, you’ll take away the biggest part of me” (Peter Cetera/Chicago).

once - “Once you pop, you can’t stop” (Pringles commercials).

now that - “Baby, now that I’ve found you, I won’t let you go” (Tony Macaulay/John MacLeod).

since - “I guess I’ll never be the same since I fell for you” (B.B. King).

though - “Walk on through the wind, walk on through the rain though your dreams be tossed and blown” (Rodgers and Hammerstein).

unless - “We’re never going to survive unless we get a little crazy” (Seal).

until - “[You] don’t know what you’ve got ‘til it’s gone” (Cinderella).

when - “When I see you smile, I can face the world” (Bad English).

where - “There’s a light burning bright, showing me the way, but I know where I’ve been” (Scott Wittman).

while - “I look at the world, and I notice it’s turning while my guitar gently weeps” (The Beatles).

地址:http://grammar.yourdictionary.co ... g-conjunctions.html

可结合:http://grammar.yourdictionary.co ... adverb-clauses.html

http://grammar.yourdictionary.co ... lause-modifier.html

109#
发表于 2017-12-18 17:58:21 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 蓝田日暖 于 2017-12-18 18:13 编辑

前面那个帖子太长了,继续上帖。

注意上面那些例句,如果你对写作比较讲究的话,那么可以记住这项与副词从句和逗号有关的通用规则:

这个句子如果打头的是主句,两个子句之间不用加逗号。如果这个子句是副词从句打头,那么在两个子句间加逗号,用以突出后半部分的主句。

其实上述列举,很多可以略加调整后,用and, but等并列连接词来连接,或者也可以用其他方式表达。怎么说呢,副词从句的使用其实是很直接的,没有什么留白,等于说——我用了这个词,我就告诉你这是个转折。我用了这个词,就是表明了这是条件等等。如果你一溜下来,大量使用这种词,像法律文档之类的无可厚非,但如果是艺术类的文章或小说,就会让读者产生审美疲劳,太套路,太死板。

也会显得多余。英语里有大量的省略手段,使用它们可以让文章简练,而且在特定情况下会更自然生动(读者不会因为太多的as, if, as long as, now that而反感)比如:

As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I take a look at my life and realize there’s nothing left.

可以改为:

Walking through the valley of the shadow of death, I take a look at my life and realize there's nothing left.

这部分的各种具体解释,我还真说不出来了。可以去看旋元佑的《文法俱乐部》,没记错的话,里面介绍了大量的省略规则。

110#
发表于 2017-12-18 22:41:29 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 蓝田日暖 于 2017-12-18 22:47 编辑

关系代词

接108帖,还有一种从句由关系代词打头,功能与副词从句很像,也是对主句的解释说明补充,简单来说就是信息补充,但它是用来解释说明补充名词对象的——比如人,动植物,其他物品,一种现象,一个时间段,等等,你可以在主句中找到这个对象。语法上这个名词对象叫先行词。

关系代词在从句中是占据重要位置的,通常是不可或缺的主语或宾语,从属连词则没有这样的情况,实际上不考虑语境和意义的话,从属连词引导的词语组合是一个完整的句子。随便举一个例子:
When I see you smile, I can face the world. I see you smile是个句子。

Spaghetti, which many of us enjoy, can be messy. which是关系代词,which=Spaghetti,所以从句实际上是:Many of us enjoy which(/Spaghetti).去掉which, 就变成了Many of us enjoy. Enjoy什么?这就莫名其妙了。

关系代词包括that, when, which, whichever, whichsoever, who, whoever, whosoever, whom, whomever, whomsoever whose, whosesoever whatever, whatsoever

Spaghetti, which many of us enjoy, can be messy.

Which就是指Spaghetti,这个从句说明Spaghetti广受欢迎的特点。也可以改一种形式,中间改为形容词修饰语,变为:
Spaghetti, being enjoyed by many of us, can be messy.

This is the book that everyone is talking about.将它一分为二,变成独立句子就是:
This is the book. Everyone is talking about the book. 去掉that/the book,就不是完整的句子了——Everyone is talking about.

其实这样的句子还是会有人觉得太罗嗦,为了简练,他们可能会把它改为:
This is the book talked about by everyone.

句子均来源于Yourdictionary,其他还有

She wrote to the person whom she had met last month.

We didn’t bring the receipt, which was a big mistake.

I have a friend whose cat is annoying.

People who are clever can always find a way.

Grandma remembers a time when radio shows were popular.

Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died. - Erma Bombeck

解释说明补充哪个名词,怎么解释说明补充?特别注意蓝色的两个句子:

We didn’t bring the receipt, which was a big mistake.
which前面加了逗号,这个which就不是用来形容the receipt,而是前面整个句子,也就是我们忘带收据这件事,这件事是个大错误。如果没有逗号,那后面那些话就是用来形容这收据的了——这张收据有问题。加不加逗号,意思差大发了。

People who are clever can always find a way.如果变成 People, who are clever, can always find a way.后者可以解释为对全体人类很有信心:人都是聪明的,总能找到出路。但没有逗号,最贴近的意思就是:聪明人总能找到出路。不管怎么样,加不加逗号意思清晰度上还是有很大差异,当然到底啥意思还是要联系上下文来看。

Yourdictionary上的地址:http://grammar.yourdictionary.co ... lative-pronoun.html

111#
发表于 2017-12-26 11:08:43 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 蓝田日暖 于 2017-12-26 11:13 编辑

关于语言,我听到了一个很有趣的故事。有个小男孩随着马戏团巡回演出,马戏团里的表演者来自世界各地,说的是五花八门的语言。小男孩很喜欢串门,一段时间后(具体时间忘了,大概是一两年吧),他便可以很流利地与许多国家的人交流了,他同时掌握了好多门口语,而且切换自如。

仅仅是语言环境吗?如果是一个同样喜欢串门的大人,在那样的环境中,他是否可以像那个小男孩一样,短短几年后,便可以用多国语言自如沟通呢?很难。因为大部分成年人对于学习这回事都积累了大量的固化思维,比如“都这个年纪了,重新学习一门语言,开玩笑呢?”而且成年人的专注方向也不一样了,小孩子初次听到别人说着听不懂的话,可能满怀好奇心,会非常专注地听,想要模仿,想要了解。成年人大概脑子里会是“他究竟在说什么呢?”“他这个表情可能是这个意思吧。”“根本听不懂,这样听下去有什么意思呢?”……这就谈不上专注了,也根本没在注意对方的发音,发音与意思之间的联系。

听说有这样一个学校,成年人在那儿学习语言,老师会给他们按一个全新的背景和身份。打比方说,你不再是个美国人,你是个中国人,只不过多年不说中文,有些生疏,现在决定重温和进一步提升中文能力。或者你是一个对这门语言充满热情,充满信心的学生……

开玩笑呢?!有些人直接走了,无法接受这样的设定。有些人了解这样做是为了淡化某些限制性信念,提升他们的学习效率,愿意接受这样的安排,但往往是这样,也需要一段时间(比如一个礼拜)来适应这种新身份,真的具有那样的心理和状态。一旦他们真的接受了新的设定,学习效率往往会多倍(5倍至10倍)增长。

可以简单想象和比较以下两种心理:

A:我都这个年纪了,要学习甚至掌握一门新语言何其困难,何况是大家都说难爆了的汉语/日语/意大利语/西班牙语/葡萄牙语……哎,记忆力也下降了,怎么能和那些学生比呢。

B:这门语言太有趣了,太有用了,听在耳朵里太美了,我想学,我要学,管它要花多长时间我都要学。上个礼拜收效显著,我已经能完整地背诵一首诗,并且写对每个字了,真是太厉害了。我听说他们本国的人都未必能写对那首诗里的每个字,这么说起来,我在书写上还是牛逼的嘛,哈哈哈哈……

人可以从心态A转到心态B吗?当然可以。那么心态A和心态B导致的学习效率和效果会很有很大差异吗?即便是根据经验法则,我们都能直截了当地说,当然不一样,心态B显然会导致更高的学习效率。

112#
发表于 2018-4-2 22:03:55 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 蓝田日暖 于 2018-4-2 22:09 编辑

I found a new way to improve my English. I was watching a clip from Everybody Loves Raymond--a classic American sitcom. Four couples sit together, trying their best to talk, but the atmosphere is still awkward. I watched and listened, but some words and word combinations confused me. I read the comments, feeling happy that some people captured and highlighted the most hilarious lines in their comments which contained the words I wanted to know. My watching and listening, combined with the reading, lead me to knowing some new words like "safari," "denomination," " Lutheran," "antipode." After a while, I watched the clip again to enhance my memory of these newly learned words.

Then I began to watch short clips of The Ellen Show. In one video, the guest Will Smith was talking about lions visiting his house, but Ellen looked at the footage and said "It's a mountain lion." Will Smith answered emphatically, "It's a lion." I didn't understand why they quibbled over it, because for me a mountain lion was a lion too. Obviously, they were different, so I had to verify it. After the searching, now I get some new knowledge that is: a mountain lion=cougar=puma 美洲狮, is different from what we usually see as lions.

The conversation continued by Will Smith telling the audience how he dealt with this situation--he called the ranger. I was clear that I heard the word "ranger," but I was not sure what it meant in this context, so I looked it up in a dictionary and knew its exact meaning was 公园管理员 or 护林员, because this lion came from a nearby preservation park. He made big circles with lion urine to prevent lions from coming again. The footage of the adult lion appeared again on the big TV screen,  Ellen hadn't given up teasing Will Smith with "a mountain lion" thing, so she looked at the screen and said "It seems you do need to landscape your garden." The audience burst into great laugh, and finally, I knew why they were laughing, because Ellen was implying his garden was like a treeless mountain area that a mountain lion would like to stay.

So I get to know more clearly how to use the following words:

denomination N-C 教派;Lutheran 路德教会的;路德会教徒;mountain lion 美洲狮;antipode 正相反的事物 (The antipode of the word "hell" is "heaven.")...

For me, this learning method has several functions such as: I feel good by watching funny stuff; I learn some new English words and also some cultural knowledge.

113#
发表于 2018-9-28 18:30:19 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 蓝田日暖 于 2018-9-28 18:42 编辑

我把《树屋大师》无字幕版的第九季下载了,之前看字幕版的时候实在无法专注于听,这样也好,可以进一步提升自己的听力。

什么是内在驱动力?就是没人叫我看什么英语素材,没人叫我把敏锐捕捉到生词写在本子上,没人叫我去查字典,没人叫我认真阅读英英词典,没人叫我在脑子里回顾这些生词,也没有什么考试等着我,但我就是想这么做。原因很简单,我喜欢,我乐意。时间越往后推移,越不存在“我辛苦地学英语”,“我靠毅力学习英语”,“我努力制定计划学习英语”这样的心理。如果这样勉强,我就不学了。

这样的学习效率很高,很多时候我可以直接回忆出学习当时的情景,应该是专注所致吧。

当我学一个词时,除非过于太复杂的词(比如对单复数使用情景有较复杂的定义时),我自设的掌握目标一般为:掌握它意味着我可以直接把它用在写作中。

这次的素材与建筑学密切相关,很高兴就此学习了不少房屋构造、建造过程、装饰方面的词语(有些以前即知道,这次是强化),比如:

porch门廊;走廊。 deck 露台。skylight 天窗。tenon 榫头。mortise/groove卯眼/榫眼/凹槽。beam横梁。post柱子。joist托梁。rafter椽子。staircase=stairway (一段)/一座楼梯。stringer 楼梯侧梁横条。paneling 镶板/嵌板(一般是纵向的)。decking(水平)铺面板。siding外墙面板。kitchenette小厨房。forklift叉车;铲车。table saw桌锯。prefabricate预制。bolt/tab螺栓,螺钉……

Pete Nelson, the treehouse master, scampers around like a kid, happily building the double-deck treehouse for his client. The carpenter and rigger just chopped down a tree branch that was dangerous enough to kill someone below if it fell. All the carpenters have great physical strength especially arm strength, otherwise they can't lift all those heavy beams, rafters and walls upon the tree.

They are versatile carpenters but not to the degree that they can install water pipes or electricical equipment, so they have to call plumbers and electricians here to make this treehouse electricity and water available 24/7. Other than carpenters, plumbers, electricians, treehouse designer (Pete), the whole project also needs an interior desinger to fill it with matching furniture, lights, ornaments, etc.

Abundant clients offer abundant perspectives of treehouses' meaning--some use it as a working and resting paradise, some see it as a place for kids to explore and have fun, some want to play poker with friends all afternoon there, some want it to be fully bright with lots of windows, some like sleeping there at night, some...

《树屋大师》第九季无字幕版
https://www.bilibili.com/video/a ... 1967907944893349571

b站有十几期带中文字幕,但可能快下线了(版权问题),想看的还是尽快吧。

114#
发表于 2019-2-17 12:50:31 |只看该作者
I was deliberately milking something I watched on a variety show. Writing it in English would be a good way to focus my mind, so why not?

They and the guest stood by the zoo gate, talking about the theme of this episode - being a zoo keeper for a day. Soon they were guided into the zoo to get familiar with a popular animal. It was a brown, glossy, horse-like animal that had a long tongue to roll fresh leaves into its mouth. They immediately got into the role of zoo keepers to the point that they were willing to clean up its den.

One corner of the den was covered with its feces and sawdust. Tired of differentiating the feces from the sawdust, A surprised all the present people by bending down to pick the feces by his bare hands, but the guest followed suit quickly. Only B, a fanatic of hygiene stood still, not moving a bit. Moreover, right after his co-workers finished their job, he reminded them to wash hands. The minute he stopped talking, A extended his hand in front of B, with the palm upturned, and a very interesting scene happened - B automatically moved his head forward, almost resting his chin on A's palm before he suddenly came to his senses that this palm just had intimate interaction with animal feces.

Um, what did that knee-jerk reaction mean? No matter what, i see it as very very cute.

115#
发表于 2019-2-17 13:00:33 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 蓝田日暖 于 2019-2-17 13:02 编辑

A lot of kids like playing with puddles, and he is definitely one of them.

Our timing was perfect. We got free time. There was a pair of galoshes on the shoe shelf. Puddles of different sizes were easy to find these days. So we quickly went out, searching for perfect puddles to play with.

Soon our desires were fulfilled, for puddles were abundant in this community. In the bright yellow galoshes, he joyfully screamed as he was running through the puddle. Water sprayed around, he didn't care and I decided that it's no big deal to dry my clothes afterwards...

We had great fun with puddles. We made the best of recent rainy days. We created some interesting stories that could be remembered and retold in future days.

116#
发表于 2019-3-12 18:35:43 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 蓝田日暖 于 2019-3-12 18:47 编辑

根据上下文意思听出一个新词的意思,听得越多就越容易。但,显然听与写是不一样的。我好像在说废话?

一个词难不难记也是很主观的,我觉得容易的你可能觉得难,你觉得难的我可能觉得容易。“凯拉塞尔”听了几遍,我就知道这是行李传送带的意思。可这个词对我就有点难度,一开始我输入的是carasel,没找到,然后再输carasal,还是不对。最后发现正确写法是carousel。Gee~~~~,一般来说,听到[ə]的发音,我一个想到的是"a"或"o",不太会想到“ou”或“au”——"au"的话,@restaurant。接着我看到了和这个词有一字之差的carousal,就只有一个字母之差,意思可就完全不同了。

还有一个难点就是双写问题了。现在看到双写,我就会高度关注,什么tomorrow, palette了。谈到palette,还特别要注意它与palate的区别:发音不同,意思差别还是挺大。这不由又让我想起:heroin和heroine,我已经不知道多少次看到影视剧评论区的人们把“女主角”叫成“海洛因”了。把文具(stationery)写成stationary的也大有人在。不能怪他们啊,确实容易混淆,发音一样,差别就在于一两个字母,一不小心就得弄错。甚至有些人从一开始就弄错,于是一错到底。

中文听写?那就更难了,除非你之前就看过那个字,否则成功写出来的概率很低,就是犹犹豫豫写出一半(偏旁或部首),还是不能确定另一半是什么。

为了证明这一点,我适时拿出了笔记本,上面赫然一个“豕”字。“豕”字,从我识字以来,一直把它读作“豚”,哪怕知道它的意思是猪,我也读“豚”。如果哪个音频里出现了“shi”的发音,我估计会写成”矢“。

最近集中学习了一些成语。曾经有一段时间,为了看懂《庄子》之类的书,狠狠查了一番字典,从那以后养成了查字典的习惯,时不时会用一下在线汉典。效果还是明显的,现在的我可以在短时间内学习并理解较多成语,基本上能正确地把它们写在纸上。这件事颇有乐趣,应该说:我先察觉了乐趣,然后再集中学习的,几天之前这种学习动力还不存在。

记住之后,我还分门别类,重点回顾了比较喜欢的成语。

力量和势头:雷霆万钧,势如破竹,势不可挡,所向披靡,万夫莫当。

某种相同或相似的态度:吊儿郎当,游手好闲,不务正业,无所事事,好整以暇,不置可否。

情绪:忧愤成疾,怆天呼地,怆然涕下,凄然泪下,凄入肝脾,喜跃抃舞,怒火中烧,怒发冲冠,恼羞成怒,哀莫大于心死,杯弓蛇影,草木皆兵,风声鹤唳。

紧急危险情况:危如累卵,危在旦夕,大厦将倾,倒悬之危/苦/急,千钧一发。

利落态度:干错利落,壮士断腕,快刀斩乱麻,手起刀落,当机立断,应机立断。

留存之稀罕人或物:灵蛇之珠,隋侯之珠,硕果仅存,鲁殿灵光。

其他我这次新学且印象深刻的词:雪窗萤几,堆案盈几,凭几据杖,夙兴夜寐,旰食宵衣,目不交睫,目不见睫……

117#
发表于 2019-4-2 08:15:11 来自手机 |只看该作者
成年人学英语,太不容易了。
看得出来,这也是一个学习型家长。
赞!

点评

蓝田日暖  算是个学习型的人,不过不是家长。  发表于 2019-4-2 22:03:17
孩子,打开了我生命中的另一扇窗。2007.06

118#
发表于 2019-6-5 13:02:13 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 蓝田日暖 于 2019-6-5 13:05 编辑

About the ending parts of Hannibal season 2. My feelings about a scene.

They threw notes into the fireplace. So many happened in this house, in this library, in these chairs. Hard to let go, but must, for the new journey. Standing before the fire, hearing cracks from the wood, Will was experiencing a raging storm in his heart.

Hannibal leaned forward, approaching Will, sniffed, and something, some smell, like the sharpest arrow in the world, directly cut into his heart as he traced it back to its origin. Will was cheating him. He wanted him to die or be caged. His smile faded, replaced by the deepest sadness covering his eyes. He still wanted to believe; he still held some hope, and he had to cultivate this elusive hope no matter how delicate it was. This was the bitterness of falling in love with someone, only to find out that instead of loving back, his beloved wanted to catch him, torture him, depriving him of the most precious thing in his life. How cunning!

119#
发表于 2019-6-20 00:31:00 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 蓝田日暖 于 2019-6-20 00:41 编辑

I never thought simple word combination could be so meaningful and beautiful. However, if I was not attracted to this TV series that much, could I so strongly feel the beauty in their dialogues? Definitely not.

"I miss my dogs. But I'm not gonna miss you. I'm not gonna find you. I'm not going to look for you. I don't wanna think about you anymore..."

When I pondered the above impressive lines, I must admit that the way Hugh Dancy spoke imbued extra beauty into these words. I liked his voice and clear pronunciation. Usually, he spoke slowly, and therefore his intricate feelings were easier to sense.

Um... I haven't got bored with this show yet. Why? Because it is worth exploring in so many ways. Because it's a piece of art I'm still savoring. What marvelous cinematography! So easy to choose artistically appealing frames and create MVs out of them! As I am watching MVs, often I would tell myself, "This frame, season 1; this, the beginning of season 3; this scene, season 1, after Will came out of the hospital to take revenge; This, season 3, in Will's imaginative world..." Yes, I could quickly remember where they came from and their contexts, and for me this was a fun mind game to play.

I like discovering something that can provide long time pleasure, that can intrigue my mind, that can make me more eager about life. This morning, I connected this thought to the Cartoon Peppa Pig, thinking, "Isn't it also continually pleasing lots of kids as well as adults day after day?" Even though I had no strong interest in it, I could still think on behalf of kids in my family, so I immediately downloaded  into my phone five episodes of Peppa Pig that could be used as an audio drama.

120#
发表于 2019-7-12 11:37:35 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 蓝田日暖 于 2019-7-12 11:47 编辑

当我遇到一部很值得观看的剧时,一般我会看多遍。剧情先吸引了我,第一遍关注故事,会频繁看中文字幕,而在第二次、第三次观看时,则忍不住开始学习与积累新单词,这已经成为习惯与乐趣,因为这是一件很集中注意力,比许多其他事情都更有趣的活动。

第二次看时,我可能会要求自己尽可能地专注每一帧画面(视觉),倾听每个词(听觉)。如此专注的视听体验,使得我在“离线”情况下也能清晰回忆起那些画面,记住那些台词(相对难一些)。于是乎,我便可以采用新的极为生动的回忆、学习与巩固方式。当然,越是做这件事,它的效率就会越高。

举例来说,电视剧中的一个场景是以家庭为主题的对谈,虽然不能记住每个单词,但主旨和大部分单词我都已记清(目前,非常专注地看一两遍就能做到)。打开笔记本,我便可以激活那些画面,然后将其中的台词写在纸上:

H: Tell me about your family.
W: What a convenient psychiatry it is! Like a low hanging fruit.
H: I suspect the fruit is on a high branch that is difficult to reach.
W: So is my mother. Never knew her... How about you telling me about your parents.
H: Both of my parents died when I was very young. I was a proverbial orphan until my uncle adopted me when I was 16 years old.
W: So you and Abigail were all orphaned as you were young.
H: You would discover that we and Abigail have a lot in common. She's already demonstrated an aptitude for the psychiatry.

W: I don't know. There is always something foreign to me about the concept of family. Like an ill fitting suit.
H: So you created your own family?
W: Uh... You mean my dogs. Yes, I collected strays. Thank you, for feeding them when I was away.
H: No, I was referring to Abigail.

H: Now, tell me about the Turner family. Are they affluent?
W: Yes. They are well to do.
H: Your family?
W: No. We were poor. I followed my father from this boatyard to that around the country.【我再度忽略地名,遇到地名,我很容易有意识忽略。】
H: Always the new boy at school. Always the stranger.
W: Always.【语气加重】

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

Archiver|手机版|幸福大观园 ( ICP12039693 )  

GMT+8, 2024-4-19 15:26 , Processed in 0.030336 second(s), 11 queries .